GALAPAGOS WALKING TOUR, 7 DAYS
Experience the most amazing natural history and wildlife interactions, focused on the dynamic and diverse eco-systems of the Galapagos archipelago. Explore everywhere from the volcanic highlands to the pristine beaches and everything in between. Witness the abundance of wildlife through world-class hikes and walks. On land, we’ll walk alongside the giant Galapagos tortoises, flamingos, finches, and boobies, as their lifestyles are explained by our natural history guides. In the water, you can snorkel with sea lions, marine iguanas, penguins, turtles, rays and sharks. It truly is a journey of lifetime – Opuntia Style!
Click here to learn about the most compelling reasons to choose a Galapagos land-based tour.
- Get off the beaten path on remote trails to discover incredible places.
- Unique hikes take you into an incredible variety of ecosystems.
- Hike the rim of a massive, active caldera to discover lava formations.
- Stroll down sandy beaches filled with sea lions and marine iguanas.
- Walk through endemic Scalesia and Miconia forests unlike anywhere else on earth.
- Snorkel with sea turtles, sea lions, sharks, rays, and tropical fish.
- Learn about the evolutionary history from native naturalist guides.
- Watch frigate birds bathe in the only permanent freshwater lake in the Galapagos.
- Protect the environment with our sustainable practices.
- Support the local economy and get in touch with the local vibe.
- Flow between islands and activities with minimal transit time.
Day 1: Interpretation Center, hike Frigate Hill – San Cristobal.
Day 2: Highland hike & North Coast snorkeling – San Cristobal.
Day 3: Hike the coastline and explore Tintoreras – Isabela.
Day 4: Active volcano trek in Sierra Negra – Isabela.
Day 5: El Chato, Lava Tunnels, and Volcanic Sinkholes – Santa Cruz.
Day 6: Hike Cerro Crocker and Tortuga Bay – Santa Cruz.
Day 7: Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and transfer to airport.